[council] Update on SG/C volunteers for the Drafting Team on new GNSO rights and obligations under the revised ICANN Bylaws

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Fri Jul 29 20:59:09 UTC 2016

Dear Councilors,

On 30 June, the Council passed a resolution creating a new Drafting Team (DT) to work with staff to:
(1) identify the GNSO’s new and additional rights, powers, obligations and responsibilities under the revised Bylaws;
(2) develop and deliver a draft Implementation Plan to the Council by 30 September 2016; and
(3) as necessary, develop new or propose modifications to existing procedures and structures to implement the revised Bylaws for the GNSO.

The Council’s resolution further states that volunteers be those who “can demonstrate reasonable knowledge of or experience with the process of revising the ICANN Bylaws or GNSO Operating Procedures” and that the DT “shall reflect the current composition of the GNSO and as such, the GNSO Council may review the number of volunteers identified”: http://gnso.icann.org/en/council/resolutions#20160630-2.

Staff has received the following names from most SG/Cs. We expect to receive the name(s) of the BC representative(s) soon, and we understand that the NCSG Policy Committee is currently discussing which of their volunteers will constitute their final slate.

In view of the Council’s discretion with regard to reviewing the DT’s numbers and composition, please feel free to send your comments to this list. We hope to begin working with the final slate of DT members shortly.

gTLD Registries Stakeholder Group:

·         David Maher
Registrars Stakeholder Group:

·         Darcy Southwell
Business Constituency: TBD
IPC:

·         Steve Metalitz
ISPCPC:

·         Malcolm Hutty
NCSG:

·         Edward Morris (also nominated by NCA Julf Helsingius)

·         Tapani Tarvainen

·         Farzaneh Bardii

·         Amr Elsadr

·         Matthew Shears