[council] GAC Liaison - Update

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Wed Jun 8 14:33:18 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thank you, James, for this additional information. Speaking for myself, I do not believe I need to know who the applicant was (or even applicants in another hypothetical situation where there have been more than one). I understand the concerns raised for transparency in the selection process, but also appreciate the concerns with publishing the names of applicants. I would not want the need to publish the names publicly deter GNSO community members from applying when a call of volunteers is made. Apparently, the position is already proving to be somewhat difficult to fill. No need to make it more so.

However, as James suggested, if applicants whose applications are turned down consent to their names and applications being published, then I would then certainly not object. This should be up to the applicant.

Still…, with such a basic requirement needing to be fulfilled, along with the “plus” qualification, I am confident that the Council leadership team can make a good decision on this on the Council’s behalf. And with the information already shared, I don’t feel the need to learn more to support James suggestion of postponing the selection of the GAC liaison.

Thanks.

Amr