[council] GAC Liaison - Update

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Wed Jun 8 15:47:59 UTC 2016

1.  I agree with Ed here.  Council experience is a must, in my view.  I
would say government experience is also highly desirable, but too few
ICANNers appear to have it.

2.  I think one applicant is an insufficient number.  Timing was bad for
the process, it will be better in the fall.

3.  Since Mason has very kindly agreed to continue, what is wrong with
Paul's candidate re-applying in the fall?  In terms of transparency and
privacy issues, since we do not have a transparent process for candidate
selection on other nominated groups (eg. the referenced CCT committee
selection process) I think it a bit unfair to critique James' role in
this.  One candidate is too few, that seems very logical to me.

Kind regards,

Stephanie Perrin