[council] Extra day

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez G. crg at isoc-cr.org
Thu Mar 10 13:32:18 UTC 2016

Thank you Rubens. My comments below

> I fully support Donna's position that we should reject this idea and
> focus most days of a B meeting on policy.

Yes, if the “policy” meetings are effective internal (open)
WORKING-G meetings, instead of bilateral or multilateral “exchange”
meetings

> If ICANN is also doing outreach, those tracks could run side-by-side
> instead of outreach taking an amount of days (even if only 1) and
> leaving the others day to policy.

Or left for the longer meetings.

> I also have to take exception with adding extra days; for those
> traveling from distant regions, travel affordability is tied to
> booking flights and hotels many months in advance. When days are added
> before or after a meeting, what happens is that those that already
> booked end up either incurring in costs or missing the added sessions.
> One of the good outcomes of the new meeting strategy  was we
> committing to a fixed schedule, and this is now at risk.

If Plan B not effective for advancing policy WORK, then we will spend
more time flying and money in less transparent individual F2F meetings

Carlos Raul