[council] Call for Volunteers for RPM/UDRP WG?

Phil Corwin psc at vlaw-dc.com
Mon Mar 14 21:08:28 UTC 2016

Fellow Councilors and staff:

As GNSO Liaison to and Interim Chair for this new WG, may I inquire when the Call for Volunteers will be sent out? In Marrakech we extended the usual 14-day period to 21 days, but that was 5 days ago.

This will be a  highly complex 2-pahse PDP that I expect to consume at least 2-3 years, so we want to amass a group of knowledgeable and dedicated volunteers who understand the time commitment that accompanies engagement with this effort. So it would be best to cast the net as early and wide as possible.

Great to see all of you last week.

All my best,
Philip

http://gnso.icann.org/en/news/news-flash-09mar16-en.htm

Date:
In Brief
During the face-to-face Council Meeting at ICANN55, the GNSO Council voted - with one opposing vote - to adopt the Charter of the recently initiated PDP to Review all Rights Protections Mechanisms in all generic top-level domains. A call for volunteers will be send out to all GNSO Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies within the next two weeks; the same call will also go out to all of ICANN's Supporting Organisations and Advisory Committees.
Links
http://gnso.icann.org/en/drafts/rpm-charter-26feb16-en.pdf

Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal
Virtualaw LLC