[council] UPDATED Agenda for ICANN Board meeting on 27 May 2016

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Fri May 27 18:38:25 UTC 2016

Thanks, Bruce.  I see from a subsequent announcement from Steve that the Board adopted the new bylaws.

J.

________________________________
https://www.icann.org/news/blog/new-ICANN-bylaws

New ICANN Bylaws

Today, on behalf of the ICANN Board, I am pleased to announce the adoption<http://www.icann.org/resources/board-material/resolutions-2016-05-27-en> of the new ICANN Bylaws<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/adopted-bylaws-27may16-en.pdf>, which reflect changes made as a result of the IANA Stewardship Transition package of proposals<https://www.icann.org/stewardship-accountability>. The new Bylaws are the result of hundreds of hours of work by the community and the legal teams. The Regional Internet Registries Service Level Agreement and Internet Engineering Task Force Memorandum of Understanding Supplemental Agreement have also been approved for signing and will go into effect after the transition.

Later today, ICANN will be transmitting the new Bylaws to the U.S. Department of Commerce's National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA). NTIA has previously stated that adoption of the new Bylaws is required for them to complete their review of the proposals, which is expected to occur in June.

This is an important milestone for ICANN and the community. As we await the release of NTIA's report, we continue to prepare for implementation of the transition proposals. We thank everyone for their continued hard work and support during this transition process.

On 5/27/16, 3:02 , "owner-council at gnso.icann.org<mailto:owner-council at gnso.icann.org> on behalf of Bruce Tonkin" <owner-council at gnso.icann.org<mailto:owner-council at gnso.icann.org> on behalf of Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au<mailto:Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au>> wrote:

From:  https://www.icann.org/resources/board-material/agenda-2016-05-27-en

Agenda | Special Meeting of the ICANN Board

Main Agenda

*  Approval of New ICANN Bylaws for IANA Stewardship Transition

*  Approval of Posting of the new Articles of Incorporation

*  Service Level Agreement (SLA) with RIRs for the IANA Numbering Services

*  IETF MoU Supplemental Agreement

*  AOB - Reconfirming Board resolution on .HOTEL and .ECO IRP Declaration