[council] AMENDMENT on the Motion to adopt the Charter for the CCWG on New gTLD Auction Proceeds.
wolf-ulrich.knoben at t-online.de
Mon Nov 7 06:05:45 UTC 2016
A “friendly” acceptance and hope this is going to be approved as well.
From: James M. Bladel
Sent: Monday, November 7, 2016 10:54 AM
To: GNSO Council List
Subject: [council] AMENDMENT on the Motion to adopt the Charter for the CCWG on New gTLD Auction Proceeds.
Council Colleagues –
Attached and copied below, please find an amended version of the Motion referenced above, in accordance with our discussions from the working session last night.
I would ask that Wolf-Ulrich, as the seconder of the motion, confirm whether he takes this amendment as “friendly.”
3. MOTION – Adoption of the Charter for a Cross-Community Working Group on new gTLD Auction Proceeds
Made by: James Bladel
Seconded by: Wolf-Ulrich Knoben
1. Following a number of sessions on the topic of new gTLD Auction proceeds during the ICANN53 in Buenos Aires (see https://buenosaires53.icann.org/en/schedule/mon-soac-high-interest and https://buenosaires53.icann.org/en/schedule/wed-cwg-new-gtld-auction), a discussion paper was published in September 2015 to solicit further community input on this topic as well as the proposal to proceed with a CCWG on this topic.
2. As the feedback received on the discussion paper confirmed the support for moving forward with a CCWG, James Bladel, GNSO Chair, reached out to all the ICANN Supporting Organizations and Advisory Committees to ask for volunteers to participate in a drafting team to develop a charter for a CCWG on this topic. All ICANN SO/ACs, apart from the ccNSO, responded to this request and put forward volunteers to participate in the drafting team.
3. The GNSO Council appointed Jonathan Robinson to chair the Drafting Team (‘DT’), which commenced its deliberations on Tuesday 23 February 2016.
4. The DT published a draft charter for community discussion in advance of ICANN 56 which was discussed during the cross-community session held at ICANN56. Following ICANN56, the DT reviewed all the input received and updated the proposed charter accordingly. On 13 September, this proposed charter was shared with all ICANN SO/ACs with the request to review it and identify any pertinent issues that would prevent adoption of the charter, if any.
5. Subsequently, a webinar was held on 13 October to allow for some additional time and information to undertake this review (see https://community.icann.org/x/gh_4Aw).
6. As no pertinent issues were raised, the DT submitted the proposed CCWG charter (see https://community.icann.org/x/mRuOAw) for consideration to all ICANN SO/ACs on 17 October 2016.
1. The GNSO Council approves the Charter.
2. Each GNSO Stakeholder Group will identify one member for the CCWG by 5 December 2016 taking into account the charter requirement that best efforts should be made to ensure that members:
a. Have sufficient and appropriate motivation (and ideally expertise) to participate in the substance of the work of the CCWG. Appropriate experience could, for example, include experience with allocation and final disbursement of funds;
b. Commit to actively participate in the activities of the CCWG on an on-going and long-term basis;
c. Solicit and communicate (where appropriate) the views and concerns of individuals in the organization that appoints them;
d. Commit to abide to the charter when participating in the CCWG;
e. Understand the needs of the Internet communities that ICANN serves (standards, domains and numbers);
f. Understand the broader ecosystem (the Internet Community) in which ICANN operates and the needs of those working on other aspects of the Internet industry, including those not yet connected.
3. The GNSO Council expects to select a GNSO Co-Chair for the CCWG from the slate of GNSO appointed members to the CCWG during its meeting on 15 December 2016.
4. Furthermore, in addition to a Statement of Interest, all members and participants will be required to provide a declaration on intention to apply for (or in any way support the application for) new gTLD Auction Proceeds, either as an individual or through the entity you are representing or employed by or are otherwise funded by or affiliated with or support/endorse. It will be mandatory to report any changes in relation to these intentions throughout the CCWG life-cycle.
5. The GNSO will collaborate with the other SOs and ACs to issue a call for participants and observers to join the CCWG, each in accordance with its own rules.
6. The GNSO Council thanks the members of the Auction Proceeds Drafting Team for their contributions developing this Draft Charter.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the council