[council] FW: GAC Communique - ICANN57

Phil Corwin psc at vlaw-dc.com
Wed Nov 9 09:42:37 UTC 2016

In regard to the GAC advice concerning IGOs appearing at pages 9-11 of the Communique, as Co-Chair of the IGO CRP WG, and noting this language--

III. That, to facilitate the implementation of the above advice, the GAC invites the GNSO Working Group on Curative Rights Protection Mechanisms to take the small group proposal into account.

--I would like Council members to be aware that the WG spent two one hour working sessions analyzing and discussing the SG Proposal, so we have complied with this request.

In regard to the rest of the GAC advice concerning IGOs, I will confer with my Co-Chair after returning home and we shall prepare a more detailed response to share with Council.

Best regards, Philip

Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal

Virtualaw LLC

1155 F Street, NW