[council] Request for input: GNSO Council meeting dates 2017

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Sun Nov 20 15:07:40 UTC 2016

Dear all,

Staff has put together the following date proposals for the GNSO Council meetings in 2017, based on the principle of the third Thursday of the month, as scheduled previous years.

19 January 2017 at 21:00 UTC

16 February 2017 at 12:00 UTC

11-16 March 2017 (ICANN MEETING)

20 April 2017 21:00 UTC

18 May 2017 12:00 UTC

26-29 June 2017 (ICANN MEETING)

20 July 2017 21:00 UTC
31 August 2017: 12:00 UTC

28 September 2017 21:00 UTC

21 October 2017 12:00 UTC

28 October- 3 November ICANN Meeting)

30 November 2017  21:00UTC

21 December 2017 12:00 UTC

The main issues are with the above list are:

  *   The 21 October is too close to the 28 October so suggestion would be to advance the 21th to the 12th October.
  *   This would make it too close to the 28th September, so this meeting would need to be advanced too.
  *   To avoid conflict with Rosh Hashanah (Thursday 21 September)  we propose to have a meeting exceptionally on Wednesday 20 September (replacing the 28th September)

Updated list would read as:

19 January 2017 at 21:00 UTC

16 February 2017 at 12:00 UTC

11-16 March 2017 (ICANN MEETING)

20 April 2017 21:00 UTC

18 May 2017 12:00 UTC

26-29 June 2017 (ICANN MEETING)

20 July 2017 21:00 UTC
31 August 2017: 12:00 UTC

20 September 2017 21:00 UTC

12 October 2017 12:00 UTC

28 October- 3 November (ICANN Meeting)

30 November 2017  21:00UTC

21 December 2017 12:00 UTC

We welcome all input from councilors prior to publishing these dates to the GNSO website and mailing lists.

Kind regards

Nathalie