[council] Re: [council] Re: [council] Motion – GNSO Council Communication to ICANN Board Regarding Transfer Policy

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Tue Nov 22 15:13:56 UTC 2016

James

I’d obviously support that we proceed without a formal motion and submit the letter.

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions

From: <owner-council at gnso.icann.org> on behalf of James Bladel <jbladel at godaddy.com>
Date: Tuesday 22 November 2016 at 03:28
To: Darcy Southwell <darcy.southwell at endurance.com>, "council at gnso.icann.org" <council at gnso.icann.org>
Subject: [council] Re: [council] Motion – GNSO Council Communication to ICANN Board Regarding Transfer Policy

Thanks, Darcy, for raising this motion.

Councilors – as we discussed in Hyderabad, this request is coming from the Registrar Stakeholder Group, regarding the implementation of a very narrow element of IRTP-C. ICANN GDD Staff has indicated that they do not have the ability to agree to this request, absent a request from the GNSO Council and direction by the ICANN Board.

Question for the Council:  are there any questions or concerns on this topic, or is this relatively non-controversial?  If the latter, then I would ask that we consider the short time frame before the Board’s next meeting (8 DEC) and ask if we can proceed without a formal motion and submit the letter.

Interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thanks—

J.