[council] Preliminary planning for ICANN58

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Sat Nov 26 17:40:30 UTC 2016

I would classify these 50 locations as being hubs (although not ICANN hubs):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_busiest_airports_by_passenger_traffic <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_busiest_airports_by_passenger_traffic>

Let's see what that analysis would give for past and future meeting locations:
Nairobi - no
Brussels - no
Cartagena - no
San Francisco - yes
Singapore - yes
Dakar - no
San Jose(CR) - no
Prague - no
Toronto - yes
Beijing - yes
Durban - no
Buenos Aires - no
Singapore - yes
London - yes
Los Angeles - yes
Singapore - yes
Buenos Aires - no
Dublin - yes
Marrakech - no
Helsinki - no
Hyderabad - no
Copenhagen - no
Johannesburg - no (even though being the busiest airport in Africa)
Abu Dhabi - no (but Dubai is)
San Juan (PR) - no
Panama - no
Barcelona - yes

Note that Carlos is also suggesting an inversion: using AGM instead of Policy Forum to go where no ICANN'er has gone before.

Rubens