[council] FOR REVIEW: IGO acronyms - differences between GNSO policy, GAC advice and the small group proposal

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Wed Oct 12 10:30:11 UTC 2016

Hello Paul,

>>  Also, apologies if this has been asked & answered, but I didn’t see a list of participants in the “small group” that the Board references.  Do we know who those members are?

The group was formed in October 2014.

I don’t have names of individuals but it seems to have consisted of:

- representatives from the IGO coalition that first raised the issue and who participate in the GAC as observers (including the OECD, WIPO and the UN);

- the GAC Chair,

- and Board representatives from the new gTLD program committee that was in place at the time this issue came to light  (primarily Chris Disspain).

I gather  a few others attended some of the meetings as well - e.g. Donna Austin and Mason Cole.

The group is not decisional - just an ad-hoc group formed to see if they could come up with a proposal that they thought would be acceptable to the GNSO.

Regards,

Bruce Tonkin