[council] Message from Auction Proceeds DT to SO/AC

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Thu Oct 20 20:25:22 UTC 2016

Dear Council Colleagues –

Please see below for a note from Jonathan Robinson and Alan Greenberg from the Auction Proceeds Drafting Team, asking the GNSO to formally consider adoption of the charter for a CCWG.
Thanks—
J.

Dear SO/AC Chairs,

We are following up on our message below from 13 September (see below) concerning the proposed new gTLD Auction Proceeds CCWG Charter.

To date, we’ve received confirmation from the ccNSO that it is ready to go ahead and consider the charter for adoption. In addition, the GNSO leadership team requested a webinar to allow for a walk-through of the charter and address any questions there might be. This webinar, which was communicated to you and open to anyone interested, was held on Thursday 13 October. For those interested to listen to a recording of the webinar, or to review the slides, please see here: https://community.icann.org/x/gh_4Aw[community.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_gh-5F4Aw&d=DQMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=ictduFF5gSgLsAN5cSUnvwDd2BCE3uxi2nmVYPECDUY&s=kcxUgKksYJM4nSBoZ8xI8a-pSoAF2Mr207ZM8K4lPXA&e=>. Although a number of interesting points were discussed in relation to the prospective work of the CWG, no pertinent issues were identified which would require modification of the charter.

Therefore, the Drafting Team considers its work done and would hereby like to formally submit the proposed charter for a CCWG on new gTLD Auction Proceeds (see https://community.icann.org/x/mRuOAw[community.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_mRuOAw-29&d=DQMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=ictduFF5gSgLsAN5cSUnvwDd2BCE3uxi2nmVYPECDUY&s=N_zd3IoMhxMaZYFivO1DZTrBm98ZwfRuCtK5YbTlorA&e=>) for your group’s consideration as soon as reasonably possible.

Thank-you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,

Jonathan Robinson, DT Chair & Alan Greenberg, DT Vice-Chair