[council] FW: GNSO Meeting with the Board : Topics

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Thu Oct 27 09:02:01 UTC 2016

Hello Donna.

>>  On the second point, I really think we would benefit from organized and sometimes moderated trilateral discussions, rather than the Board and GAC/ the Council and the Board/ and the GAC and the Council having separate discussions on the same subject. The continuous back and forth on the IGO acronym and Red Cross issues are a case in point. Perhaps this could have been circumvented if there had been an opportunity for open communication across the three groups.

I completely agree the current – GAC-Board, GNSO-Board, GNSO-GAC combination of separate meetings sometimes spread over multiple ICANN meetings (ie Board might discuss a topic with GNSO in one public meeting, and discuss the same topic with GAC at a different public meeting)  is dysfunctional.    I would much prefer a structured GAC-GNSO-Board meeting on topics related to gTLDs, where the GAC has provided advice.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin