[council] Fwd: We need to ask ICANN to convene an Approval Action Community Forum

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Tue Apr 4 05:33:36 UTC 2017

Council Colleages -

See below.

The Empowered Community (EC) is seeking to convene a Community Forum in Johannesburg to discuss the proposed changes to the bylaws.  Stephen Deerhake has taken the lead in requesting Staff make the arrangements for this session.

I have asked that, going forward, the EC consider that obtaining approval (or non-Objection) from the GNSO will require more time, particularly for complex or controversial issues.

Thank you --

J.
James Bladel
GNSO Chair