[council] Amended motion - Nomination of GNSO candidates for the RDS RT

Johan Helsingius julf at julf.com
Wed Apr 19 17:39:33 UTC 2017

Dear council members,

With regards to my motion for item 7 on the agenda for our
meeting on 20 April 2017  - "Approval of GNSO Nominees for the
Registration Directory Services Review Team", I hereby submit
a revised motion based on the consensus of the SSC.

The SSC was tasked to select the top three candidates,
with up to four additional candidates for positions to be
filled if other SO/ACs didn't take up their full number.

Unfortunately selecting the top three candidates would
result in a lack of balance in representation of
constituencies. Recognizing this, the group would like
to recommend that the GNSO Council consider the top four
recommended candidates as primary with guaranteed seats.

This is based on our understanding that some other SO/ACs
are not taking up their full number on the RDS RT, and
we believe the GNSO has a strong case in asking to be
able to fill one of the places that are available due to
this.

	Julf