[council] FW: New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG: Work Track 5 on Geographic Names at the Top-Level

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Fri Aug 4 19:25:35 UTC 2017

Hi folks.  Good discussion, and to pivot off of Michele’s last post…

The vice-chairs and I raised some similar questions/reactions to the note from the SubPro co-chairs regarding WT5, and we asked Staff to convene a call with the co-chairs next week to discuss.  The bottom line is that we expect WT5 will operate as a subteam of the SubPro PDP, and that the PDP as a whole will be subject to the GNSO Operating Procedures, and the PDP Manual, etc.    This is the basis for providing the PDP Co-Chairs with broad discretion in the organization of WT5.  And if the co-chairs anticipate that this could change, then we potentially see a larger oversight role for the GNSO Council in managing the process.

In any case, I hope all of that made sense, and it is good to see that so many folks are picking up on the same concerns, which indicates that these are exactly the questions that Donna, Heather and I should be raising next week.  Expect a follow up from us then.

Thank you,

J.