[council] Fwd: Note on Work Track 5

Phil Corwin psc at vlaw-dc.com
Wed Aug 9 14:16:07 UTC 2017

Heather et al:

As just explained in a response to Jeff, if there is indeed no difference between WT5 and the other four subteams created by the SubPro WG then my concerns have no basis. As explained there, my sole concern relates to the potential use of a CCWG voting methodology to determine the final recommendations of a GNSO PDP WG subteam, which I don't view as permissible or advisable.

That concern does not mean that I am opposed to the taking of affirmative steps to encourage participation of non-GNSO entities, including the GAC and ALAC, in WT5 -- including its leadership. In particular, encouraging greater GAC participation in the PDP process has been a goal of the Council since I've been on it and is one that I fully support.

Best, Philip

Philip S. Corwin

Founding Principal

Virtualaw LLC