[council] Proposed amendments to CCWG-IG motion

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Mon Aug 14 19:38:26 UTC 2017

Stephanie and Colleagues –

Speaking as a Registrar rep and Seconder of the motion, I would not see these changes as friendly amendments as friendly.  I will wait for Keith to respond as well.

And my concerns go beyond Resolved 4.  For example, the proposed amendments would defer/delay a decision from ICANN60 to ICANN61 (Resolved 3 and 5), as well as change the decision to a conditional (Resolved 5, 6 and 7).  Of all the proposed changes, I believe Resolved 7 is the least impactful (but Rafik may see this as dependent upon the other proposed amendments).

Thank you,

J.