[council] Motion: Nomination of GNSO Candidates for SSR2-RT
susank at fb.com
Mon Jan 9 22:47:36 UTC 2017
I agree and although it is not necessary I second the motion too.
From: <owner-council at gnso.icann.org> on behalf of Edward Morris <egmorris1 at toast.net>
Reply-To: "egmorris1 at toast.net" <egmorris1 at toast.net>
Date: Monday, January 9, 2017 at 1:56 PM
To: GNSO Council List <council at gnso.icann.org>, "James M. Bladel" <jbladel at godaddy.com>
Subject: re: [council] Motion: Nomination of GNSO Candidates for SSR2-RT
It was a pleasure to work with you and the other members of our small group in selecting our candidates for the SSR2 Review Team.
I would be honoured to second this Motion.
From: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel at godaddy.com>
Sent: Monday, January 9, 2017 9:37 PM
To: "GNSO Council List" <council at gnso.icann.org>
Subject: [council] Motion: Nomination of GNSO Candidates for SSR2-RT
Attached and copied below, please find a motion for Council consideration during our next call on 19 JAN 2017, which presents our slate of candidates for the Security & Stability Review Team (SSR2-RT).
As you may recall from our DEC 2016 call, we decided to convene a small group comprised of myself, Heather, Donna, Susan and Ed. This group was tasked to evaluate submitted applications for our 3 Primary (guaranteed to be seated) and 4 Alternate (may be seated based on need & diversity) candidates, and bring these recommendations back to the Council. The attached motion presents our findings.
Looking forward to discussing this during our next meeting.
Nomination of GNSO Candidates for Second Security, Stability, and Resiliency of the DNS (SSR2) Review Team
1. On 30 June 2016, ICANN launched a call for volunteers seeking individuals interested in serving as a Volunteer Review Team Member on the SSR2-RT (see https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-3-2016-06-30-en<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_news_announcement-2D3-2D2016-2D06-2D30-2Den&d=DgMFaQ&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=gvEx8xF7ynrYQ7wShqEr-w&m=VyDS7GSHgUP0TrrVxaqXHagDd64yA-axOQ4BtvjA8Jw&s=IGMHIr1aRraenzt5dKnsiPMmh7W0S83aIGS4rCh5R98&e=>).
2. Under the new Bylaws, each SO/AC participating in the Specific Review may nominate up to 7 members to the review team, for consideration by the SO/AC leadership, for a review team of no more than 21 members. Any SO/AC nominating up to 3 individuals are entitled to have those nominees selected as members to the review team, so long as the nominees meet the applicable criteria for service on the team.
3. The GNSO Council formed a small team to review the candidates that requested GNSO endorsement (see https://community.icann.org/x/xRqsAw<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_xRqsAw-29&d=DgMFaQ&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=gvEx8xF7ynrYQ7wShqEr-w&m=VyDS7GSHgUP0TrrVxaqXHagDd64yA-axOQ4BtvjA8Jw&s=BoxruxemjgwZ28fyyVlv5fBSwg_C-6TexIDFm5F7E0A&e=>) taking into account the criteria outlined in the call for volunteers as well as the desire to ensure a RT that is balanced for diversity and expertise. The small team submitted its findings to the GNSO Council on [date].
4. The GNSO Council considered the findings of the small team.
1. The GNSO Council nominates (in alphabetical order): Denise Michel, Eric Osterweil, James Gannon as its primary three candidates for the SSR2-RT, noting that these candidates under the new ICANN Bylaws are entitled to be selected. Furthermore, the GNSO nominates (in alphabetical order): Emily Taylor, Howard Eland, Norm Ritchie, Scott McCormick to be considered for inclusion in the SSR2-RT by the SO-AC Chairs should additional places be available.
2. Noting the lack of diversity (gender, geographic) of the applicants, the GNSO Council encourages Staff to explore ways to encourage gender and geographic diversity in applications for future review teams.
3. The GNSO Council instructs the GNSO Secretariat to communicate resolved #1 and #2 to the staff supporting the SSR2-RT.
4. The GNSO Council instructs the GNSO Secretariat to inform the applicants that have received endorsement that the GNSO Council expects that, if selected for the SSR2-RT, the applicant will represent the views of the entire GNSO community in their work on the SSR2-RT, and provide regular feedback as a group on the discussions taking place in the SSR2-RT, as well as the positions being taken by GNSO Review Team Members.
5. The GNSO Council requests staff supporting the SSR2-RT and application process to send a response to those applicants who did not receive endorsement (if any), thanking them for their interest. The response should also encourage them to follow the SSR2-RT work, and participate in Public Comments and community discussions.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the council