[council] Status of Council Chair

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Wed Jun 14 13:38:08 UTC 2017

Good morning Phil.

Kevin Murphy is referring to the message I posted on the Council list yesterday (attached and copied below for your review).

Let me know if you have questions or would like to discuss.

Thanks—

J.

Councilors –

I wanted to make you aware of some developments w.r.t. to the RrSG elections (see thread below).   While I am term-limited and cannot run again, the current round of GNSO Council nominations has raised questions of who, exactly, is eligible to hold office under the RrSG Charter.  To ensure consistent interpretation & application of the Charter, my company (GoDaddy) was determined to be ineligible.

I have resigned my elected office as Councilor, but have been appointed by the Registrar ExCom to continue to serve in an interim basis until a Special Election can be held.

On the whole, the net impact of all of this on the Council is….not much.  My status changes from “elected” Councilor to “appointed” Councilor for the next few months, but I don’t see that this change necessarily affects the Council, or its work, or our upcoming election calendar.

In any case, I wanted to share this in the interests of full disclosure, and I’m happy to answer any questions here on the list, or in Johannesburg.

Thank you,

J.