[council] Board Seat #14 Election

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Thu May 4 01:44:15 UTC 2017

Paul, we are trying to confirm what is at a minimum required under the new ICANN Bylaws. In the past both a communication as well as the adoption of a motion have been used to confirm the nomination. Now the GNSO Chair also needs to notify the EC Administration in addition to the ICANN Board Secretary. In case a motion is required, it will obviously need to wait until the next Council meeting which has been scheduled for 18 May. If a letter from the GNSO Chair is sufficient, following the notification that has been received from the NCPH, staff can work with James to get this done as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Marika