[council] Fwd: [soac-chairs] Draft Statement SSR2

Phil Corwin psc at vlaw-dc.com
Thu Nov 2 12:24:23 UTC 2017

I share Susan's concern

Philip S. Corwin

Founding Principal

Virtualaw LLC

1155 F Street, NW

Washington, DC 20004

202-559-8597/Direct

202-559-8750/Fax

202-255-6172/Cell

Twitter: @VLawDC

________________________________
From: council-bounces at gnso.icann.org <council-bounces at gnso.icann.org> on behalf of Susan Kawaguchi <susankpolicy at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 2, 2017 7:55 AM
To: Drazek, Keith
Cc: council at gnso.icann.org
Subject: Re: [council] Fwd: [soac-chairs] Draft Statement SSR2

I am concerned there is no clear call for action regarding removing the suspension on  the team.  What is the path forward for the team?  Do they wait until someone else does the following?  Is the team responsible for addressing these issues and give themselves the sign off?  Does the Board get final say or what about the SO/AC's?

"address issues relating to the scope, composition and participation, resource utilization, and overall work plan of the Review"

Who is responsible for determining all of the above have been addressed?  If the team meets on Friday then do they work on these issues but need oversight?

I do not want to delay this letter but if we do not provide clarity then the confusion continues to reign.

I appreciate the language referring to the board I think you captured the right tone.

Susan