[council] Fwd: [soac-chairs] Draft Statement SSR2

Heather Forrest haforrestesq at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 13:25:01 UTC 2017

Hi Susan, Phil, all,

I hear you. It is in the transcript from the meeting today at 2pm that I
asked Chris Disspain and Rinalia Hemrajani what would happen after the
community instructed SSR2 to resume - ie, would the Board intervene,
challenge the outcome, etc. The transcript will show:

   - Chris: SO/AC leaders to determine next steps; Board does not expect to
   have a veto, cannot guarantee an outcome, but "stands ready to assist"
   - Cherine: Community has responsibility to re-start; worst thing that
   could happen is start/stop/start/stop

I don't know where we'll stand on further amendments. If we can't get this
in, can we live with putting this in a separate GNSO Council statement?