[council] Resignation from Council

Phil Corwin psc at vlaw-dc.com
Tue Nov 7 07:21:28 UTC 2017

Thanks!

Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal
Virtualaw LLC
1155 F Street, NW
Suite 1050
Washington, DC 20004
202-559-8597/Direct
202-559-8750/Fax
202-255-6172/Cell

Twitter: @VLawDC

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 7, 2017, at 12:49 AM, Erika Mann <erika at erikamann.com<mailto:erika at erikamann.com>> wrote:

Good luck Phil!

Erika

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 6, 2017, at 10:14 PM, Phil Corwin <psc at vlaw-dc.com<mailto:psc at vlaw-dc.com>> wrote:

Fellow Councilors:

I have just sent the message below to the Executive Committee of the Business Constituency.

Dear Excomm:

I have today, November 6, 2017, terminated all operations of the Virtualaw LLC consultancy and commenced employment in the legal department of Verisign, Inc. in the position of Policy Counsel.

As I am now employed by an ICANN contracted party, and no longer represent the Internet Commerce Association, I am no longer eligible to represent the BC on GNSO Council and will be advising the Council today of my resignation. It has been an honor to represent the BC on Council for the past three years, and my sole regret about my decision to take this new fork in my career path is that I must step down from Council. I shall remain involved in ICANN activities in other ways. I believe that the timing of this notice will allow the BC to elect a new Councilor in regular order when officer elections are held next month.

I know of no finer group within ICANN than the members of the Business Constituency and its Executive Committee. While I must now depart from the BC, I trust that our friendly relations shall endure and look forward to working with all of you in the future on issues of common concern.

As stated, my one regret about my decision to accept my new position is that I must step down from my Council seat and shall not be able to work directly with all of you over the next two years, as well enjoy the excellent direction that will doubtless be provided by Heather in her new role as Chair. Rest assured, however, that I shall continue to closely monitor your work, and will always value the friendships I have developed with so many of you.

I wish you all the best in your important work ahead, and look forward to seeing you at future ICANN meetings.

With warm regards,
Philip