[council] Fwd: GNSO and Adopt a School -donate a used laptop

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Thu Nov 9 13:17:33 UTC 2017

Heather

Thanks for sharing this.

I've no idea if this is really a "council issue" or not, but it's definitely a "human being" issue and one that those of us who work in technology should engage with.

It would be helpful to get some parameters around this in terms of what people actually need. A 10 year old laptop probably won't even boot a modern OS, so some minimum specs etc., would be helpful. Also could there be any issues with travelling to PR via the US or other countries? I know I've had raised eyebrows in the past when I've had multiple devices.

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon