[council] GNSO Council strategic planning session - first draft agenda for your input

Carlos Raul Gutierrez crg at isoc-cr.org
Sun Nov 12 12:27:27 UTC 2017

Dear Heather, Donna and James!

Thank you very much for this forward looking effort and opportunity to
better prepare for the year ahead.

>From my perspective, the single biggest change for the Council is the
Empowered Community, and its new tendency to bring every issue (policy
included) at the CCWG level.

Frankly,dedicating only the morning of the second day to this issue seems
to me very limited, unless there is some previous discussion, and/or a
discussion framework for analysis of the role of the GNSO within the new
empowered community. I think that some more thinking of that relation has
to be done in preparation to all session, but in particular to Tuesday
morning.

But I'm confident that you will be able to mange the group dynamics
productively across all themes and the 3 days, so I don't worry too much,
neither do i expect a long explantation of what do we expect from Tuesday
mornings session.

personally, I would like to add that if the budget allows for a different
Hotel, maybe one of the two hotels across the highway which are connected
to the shopping center, it would greatly enhance our happiness before the
trip. (in other words, the Hilton stinks)

nice Sunday to all of you

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez
ISOC Costa Rica Chapter
skype carlos.raulg