[council] FW: [So-ac-sg-cleaders]  An ICANN Message on the Information Transparency Initiative -Info Session on: Thursday 2 November, 1330-1400 in Hall 3.

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Mon Oct 23 15:54:10 UTC 2017

Colleagues –

Please see below for an announcement & session invitation from David Olive on behalf of the ICANN ITI team.

Thank you,

J.
------------------
James Bladel
GNSO Chair

From: <so-ac-sg-cleaders-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of David Olive <david.olive at icann.org>
Date: Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 15:00
Subject: [So-ac-sg-cleaders]  An ICANN Message on the Information Transparency Initiative -Info Session on: Thursday 2 November, 1330-1400 in Hall 3.

Dear Community Leaders:

As you know, the Board recently approved the Information Transparency Initiative (ITI), which is a two-year project to rebuild the technical infrastructure of the way we manage ICANN’s information and content with a first-ever for ICANN dedicated document management system (DMS) to manage our information and a new content management system (CMS) to make that information available. We’ll use this new technical infrastructure to enforce governance of our content through consistent workflows and tagging, making use of a taxonomy we’re developing for the first time. One of the primary reasons we’re doing this is to help our stakeholders find the content they are looking for (which we know is a challenge on the current site), and to help us meet our accountability and transparency obligations. While our project goals are narrow (improving findability in all U.N. six languages, enforcing content governance, and rebuilding infrastructure), think of this work as foundational that will set the stage for the entire ICANN information ecosystem. To try to bring benefits to the community as soon as possible, the community-observable part of the project starts first with icann.org<http://icann.org/>, meetings.icann.org<http://meetings.icann.org/>, and 13 other external websites. Once this work is complete, this foundational technical infrastructure and system-wide governance and taxonomy, will serve our SO/AC and remaining sites.

If you have time in your ICANN60 schedules, we encourage you to participate in the Information Transparency Initiative session on: Thursday 2 November, 1330-1400 in Hall 3. This session is intended to give our stakeholders an overview of the project, but it will primarily be focused on listening to stakeholder feedback and answering questions.

We need your feedback to get this right, but we know you may not have time to attend this ICANN60 session. Because of this, we’re looking to schedule individual telephone interviews with you after ICANN60. These interviews are intended to gather some initial thoughts, feedback, current pain points with the site, and ideally, what you think would help make the icann.org<http://icann.org/> experience and ICANN’s content governance processes better. We’ll send out emails after ICANN60 to arrange a time that best works for your schedules.

We look forward to these initial conversations, and your ongoing support and input throughout this project, which is so crucial to the project successfully meeting its goals.

 Best regards,

ICANN’s ITI Team

David A. Olive
Senior Vice President