[council] Motion on CWG UCTN Final Report

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Sun Sep 10 07:40:41 UTC 2017

Dear Heather,

Thank you for your email, the motion has been posted to the motion wiki page here: https://community.icann.org/x/yiIhB

Kind regards

Nathalie

From: <council-bounces at gnso.icann.org> on behalf of Heather Forrest <haforrestesq at gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 2:15 PM
To: "gnso-secs at icann.org" <gnso-secs at icann.org>, "council at gnso.icann.org" <council at gnso.icann.org>
Subject: [council] Motion on CWG UCTN Final Report

Dear Council and GNSO staff colleagues,

In our 13 July GNSO Council meeting we noted the need for Council to consider and vote upon the Final Report of the Cross Community WG on the Use of Country and Territory Names as TLDs, a CWG co-chartered by the GNSO and ccNSO.

The ccNSO Council voted to approve the Final Report in its July meeting. It is timely that we consider the report in our upcoming meeting.

There are 4 recommendations, of which 3 were fully agreed by the CWG members. Recommendation 3, on which agreement was not reached, deals with the specifics of next steps for the discussion of geographic names.

As a GNSO co-chair of the CWG UCTN I request that the attached motion be added to our upcoming September agenda.

Many thanks and best wishes, happy weekend to all,

Heather