[council] Fwd: [So-ac-sg-cleaders] Message from Göran Marby on the EC Cybersecurity Strategy

Erika Mann erika at erikamann.com
Mon Sep 18 06:51:19 UTC 2017

Thank you James -

this is a Communication from the European Commission to the European
Parliament and to the Council (representatives from the 28 European Union
Member States). A Communication is not in itself a legal act but a document
that announces potential legal acts and action plans.

Keep in mind, the responsibility of the European Union (EU) is limited in
the area of cyber security, this is still a political area that is largely
not harmonized and therefore remains largely domestically defined.
Nonetheless there are certain things the European Union can do to trigger
more harmonized operations.

We should certainly watch this field to avoid a potential negative
spillover into our area.

Best,
Erika