[council] Draft motion on RPM Working Group data request for submission to GNSO Council

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Wed Sep 20 20:14:09 UTC 2017

Heather, RPM PDP co-chairs, GNSO Councillors;

I would like to propose an amendment based on feedback from our SG. I tried redlining the changes to ease up understanding of what is being suggested.

RESOLVED:
 The GNSO Council approves the DMPM request as submitted by the Review of All RPMs in All gTLDs PDP Working Group, with conditionings from the clauses below.
 The GNSO Council directs ICANN policy staff to forward the DMPM request to the appropriate department of ICANN Organization for the requisite budget and resource approvals, with a further request that the matter be considered and approved in as timely a fashion as practicable.
If the data gathering effort conflicts with either the PDP WG timeline, the funds allocated by ICANN Organization to the effort or the actual cost of the services, that priority would be given to quantitative data instead of anecdotal evidence, and to RPMs that deviate the most from approved policy. But If time and funds are available to do all of the data gathering, the approved amount and allowed time could be used to the whole effort.
 The GNSO Council requests diligent management of the PDP WG timeline in order to harmonize with other going policy efforts; the Council also requests a follow up report from the Review of All RPMs in All gTLDs PDP Working Group on the progress and outcomes of its DMPM request in time for the GNSO Council’s meeting scheduled for 21 December 2017, and a regular written report thereafter, at intervals of not less frequently than monthly, followed by a detailed status report on the Working Group’s view of the utility of the data collection exercise on the progress and timeline of Phase One of the PDP by ICANN61.

Talk to you all in a few minutes.

Rubens Kuhl
RySG