[council] [EXTERNAL] fellowship questionnaire response

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 09:54:44 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I have to confess that this one looks better, very objective and
constructive as comment. The small team has done a great job in coming
out with this document. I am sure with a lot of compromise, which i
salute.

Just a quick one to Donna's comment, I believe Ayden as well has been
part of the Fellowship program. I believe it was our entry point into
ICANN, our first time to attend an ICANN public meeting.

I have issues with #Q16 and I don't agree with both suggested options.
For me, the differences between the two programs are very clear and we
are wrong in trying to state otherwise.

I don't think we need to ask anyone to prove to us how these programs
can benefit  the GNSO but it is for our SG/Cs to do outreach and
recruit new members there and help them be fit to support our work,
through various existing initiatives.

Also, if we say there are overlaps, then we better point them out
there in a constructive way to help fix it. Since these programs have
different objectives and target a different type of audience, I don't
agree with any attempt to merge them. There is a benefit in having and
keeping both of them.

I would make our response very straight forward and simple as: "The
GNSO Council is familiar with the differences between these programs.
But we would encourage their managers to make sure there are no
possible overlaps, which may result in them looking similar."

Thank you,
Arsene

--
------------------------
**Arsène Tungali* <http://about.me/ArseneTungali>*

2015 Mandela Washington Felllow
<http://tungali.blogspot.com/2015/06/selected-for-2015-mandela-washington.html>
(YALI) - ISOC Ambassador (IGF Brazil
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/igf-ambassadors-programme/Past-Ambassadors>
& Mexico
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/Current-Ambassadors>)
- AFRISIG 2016 <http://afrisig.org/afrisig-2016/class-of-2016/> - Blogger
<http://tungali.blogspot.com> - ICANN's GNSO Council
<https://gnso.icann.org/en/about/gnso-council.htm> Member. AFRINIC Fellow (
Mauritius
<http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/news/1907-afrinic-25-fellowship-winners>)*
- *IGFSA Member <http://www.igfsa.org/> - Internet Governance - Internet
Freedom.

Check the *2016 State of Internet Freedom in DRC* report (English
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=234>) and (French
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=242>)