[council] IRTP next steps - ACTION ITEM

Heather Forrest haforrestesq at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 01:48:28 UTC 2018

Dear Council colleagues,

A reminder that one of the Action Items coming out of ICANN61 was:

*Item 7: COUNCIL DISCUSSION – Review of the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy

*Action Item:*

   - *GNSO Council* to consider next steps, timing and provide guidance to
   ICANN Org on if, how, and when the review of the Inter-Registrar Transfer
   Policy (IRTP) should take place, factoring in ongoing discussion on the
   post-implementation policy review framework as well as the transfer issue
   that is being considered by the Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation
   Issues Implementation Review Team.

Jennifer Gore kindly requested our follow-up on the proposal presented at
our March Council meeting. There is a clearly articulated connection to
PPSAI IRT, which Darcy has put on Council's April agenda. From a logistical
perspective, it seems sensible to put PPSAI IRT before IRTP on our April
agenda, so that any direction from Council to PPSAI takes into account
Darcy's update (also supported by her post to the Council list of 3 April).
Please could you give specific thought to IRTP with a view to Council
providing Jen Gore with guidance as soon as is practicable?

Many thanks and best wishes,

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20180406/6824fb77/attachment.html>

More information about the council mailing list