[council] Update on RDS/GDPR discussions with Board members

Heather Forrest haforrestesq at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 11:51:00 UTC 2018

Dear Council colleagues,

On behalf of Council leadership and the RDS PDP leadership team, I'm happy
to provide a brief update, with more to follow soon.

Today we (Chuck Gomes, Marc Anderson, Michele Neylon and David Cake from
RDS PDP leadership and Donna, Rafik and I from Council leadership) attended
a call with Cherine Chalaby, Goran Marby, Chris Disspain, Becky Burr,
Matthew Shears, and Avri Doria, as envisaged in Cherine's letter of 23
March (https://www.icann.org/resources/correspondence/1214411-2018-03-23-en
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_resources_correspondence_1214411-2D2018-2D03-2D23-2Den&d=DwMFaQ&c=MOptNlVtIETeDALC_lULrw&r=CwipU91YB6EkpFXK9ynnT_QUef4yC5p7jpsDm8cU97g&m=MV-GHKhWT2qjQQ0rw6marQreZCxAFLQUNJw-B12yRDs&s=9QcUagvqV7nuIgDHSNU5Rm2idkDD-7-ENbSWC58Q9Ng&e=>)
to discuss possible impacts of GDPR on GNSO policy. Our intention was to
get a sense of what is on the Board's mind in this initial call and report
this back so the community can decide who and how best to move forward on
next steps.

We are working on a briefing note on this morning's discussions, with a
view to posting that to the Council list later this week along with the
recording of the call. Among us on the two leadership teams we cover many
time zones, so please bear with us as we manage the logistics of
cooperating across these to get the briefing note to the list as quickly as
possible.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Heather Forrest