[council] SCBO Proposed Comment on Reserve Fund Replenishment

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Wed Apr 11 21:30:08 UTC 2018

Dear all,

On behalf of the Standing Committee on ICANN Budget and Operations (SCBO), please find attached a statement that we have prepared in relation to ICANN's proposed Reserve Fund replenishment strategy.

We are seeking to submit this comment on behalf of the Council on 25 April, absent any objections from a member of the Council. Could you please evaluate the attached document and advise if you have any questions, concerns, or requested edits? Thank you.

Please note, there is currently one unresolved comment in the document, being the desired replenishment timeframe. The current proposal is for "five or less years" (which was the language suggested by ICANN org), however a representative of the Business Constituency within the SCBO has asked that this be changed to "three to five years." We would like to defer to the Council to determine which language is most appropriate. Thank you.

Best wishes,

Ayden Férdeline