[council] Article 29 WP Letter to ICANN

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Fri Apr 13 00:58:14 UTC 2018

Completely agree. There is no provision within the GDPR that permits a Data Protection Authority to defer from enforcing the law, so for ICANN to ask for a moratorium on enforcement is inappropriate. The GDPR has been coming for years, it is not new or unexpected, ICANN simply didn't do its homework. And I found it offensive and inappropriate that ICANN would resort to calling upon "fake news" in their biased press release, using this emotive language to convey a false sense of urgency. I think the Article 29 Working Party will see right through it as well.

Ayden Férdeline