[council] Fwd: GNSO PDP 3.0 discussion paper

Corwin, Philip pcorwin at verisign.com
Fri Aug 3 18:15:22 UTC 2018

Dear Heather, Marika, and Councilors:

In response to Heather’s request, I have attached my Minority Statement that was incorporated into the Final Report of the IGO CRP WG; I am aware that you will be considering the substance of that Report at your August meeting. At pp.13-18 of my Statement you will find “Appendix: Observations on Implications of this WG’s Experience for the GNSO Policy Development Process 3.0”.

In addition to those Observations, and based upon recent developments within the RPM Review WG concerning an allegation of an Expected Standards of Behavior violation ,  I am increasingly of the personal view that the GNSO WG Guidelines should be amended, and that in the future WG disciplinary matters should be taken out of the jurisdiction of co-chairs and handled by a dedicated subcommittee of Councilors following clear procedural guidelines and able to create and follow reliable precedent.

I hope that this input is useful to your consideration of PDP 3.0 improvements and I would of course be pleased to respond to any inquiries.

Regards, Philip

Philip S. Corwin

Policy Counsel

VeriSign, Inc.