[council] Fwd: [Board-Ops-Team] [CORRESPONDENCE] Letter from Cherine Chalaby to the GNSO Council Leadership on the Request of EPDP Resources

Pam Little pam.little at alibaba-inc.com
Thu Aug 9 01:39:36 UTC 2018

The line item for a mediator/facilitator ($100K) represents over 20% of the total supplemental budget (excluding contingency), which strikes me as quite high.

Considering there are 30+ policy/legal experts working on the EPDP Team as volunteers, I am curious whether there might be retired judges, lawyers, mediation/arbitration experts out there who are suitably qualified and willing to "volunteer" as a mediator. Perhaps it can be tested by putting our a call for expression of interest?

Also, maybe worthwhile to explore the idea of a standing panel of paid or non-paid mediators as part of PDP 3.0?

Kind regards,

Pam