[council] PDP updates for ICANN63

Heather Forrest haforrestesq at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 07:02:38 UTC 2018

Dear Council colleagues,

As we enter the final stretch of pre-ICANN63 planning I would like to do a
bit of strategic thinking about how we prepare for PDP work in Barcelona.

We have over the years tried two methods - devoting time in the Council
weekend workshop to an update from each of our live PDPs, and the more
recent alternative of a pre-public meeting GNSO policy webinar. There is
also, I should add here for context, a broader ICANN policy webinar that
occurs prior to public meetings in which the GNSO participates, as do other
SO/ACs.

The question here is how best/most useful/most efficient to update on our
PDPs: on the ground in Barcelona, or advance by webinar? My principal
feedback to staff to this point has been that while I think it's very
helpful to have the updates before we hit the ground at a f2f, it seems to
duplicate efforts to hold both a generic policy webinar *and *a GNSO
specific policy webinar.

Your thoughts very much appreciated!

Heather