[council] PDP updates for ICANN63

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Tue Aug 28 11:53:35 UTC 2018

Thanks, Michele.

For the recent pre-meeting GNSO Policy webinar, the following approach was used for the updates in an attempt to make them more useful for the Council and focused on dialogue by covering the following items:

  *   Timeline
  *   What are the current challenges and issues?
  *   How can the Council and community assist?
  *   What to expect at the upcoming ICANN meeting

If this did not achieve the desired focus, we are of course happy to hear how this should be modified. For example, would it be helpful if the slides are shared in advance of the meeting, and the webinar itself is just focused on Q & A with the Council (and others that may be interested)?

In relation to the Policy Update webinar do note that there is only limited time that can be spend on GNSO topics as the time is shared with updates from other SO/ACs, but it may be sufficient in combination with the GNSO Policy briefings that are published prior to every ICANN meeting? One difference is that the policy update webinar is staff led while the recent GNSO policy webinar was community led, with the PDP Chair(s) as the speakers.

Whatever you decide, staff stands ready to adjust as needed to make sure you that the Council has the information it needs to perform its role as manager of the PDP.

Best regards,

Marika