[council] ACTION ITEM: GNSO Representative to the Fellowship Selection Committee (FCS)

Drazek, Keith kdrazek at verisign.com
Tue Dec 4 15:11:17 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Following our discussion on last Thursday's GNSO Council call, we have an action item to confirm the GNSO's representative to the Fellowship Selection Committee (FCS).

A summary:

*       In August, the Fellowship Program asked each SO/AC to nominate one representative to serve a 2-year term on this committee. The deadline was September 10.
*       Given the short timeframe to make a selection, Heather Forrest volunteered as interim representative.
*       The current Fellowship Selection Committee began its work in October.
*       Heather has since volunteered to extend her term of service in this position.

Rafik, Pam and I met yesterday and agreed to recommend that the Council confirm Heather's continued membership on the Committee for the remainder of the 2-year term.

If anyone has concerns or objects to this recommendation, please speak up now. Otherwise, we will confirm this decision during our upcoming Council meeting on 20 December.

Thanks and regards,

Keith