[council] CPH Letter to EPDP Leadership

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Thu Dec 27 06:20:13 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I suggest reading the attached letter dated 21 December 2018 that the Contracted Parties House [submitted](https://community.icann.org/display/EOTSFGRD/Public+Comments+on+Initial+Report?preview=/102139719/102139718/Joint%20CPH%20Comment%20on%20EPDP%20Initial%20Report%20-%2012-21-18.pdf) to the EPDP leadership team. I think it provides an honest assessment of where the EPDP is at, where the EPDP team's Initial Report recommendations originated from, and why the EPDP leadership team's decision to deviate from usual practices vis-a-vis the public comment process was perhaps not recommendable. It is worth emphasizing that this was a leadership team decision which did not have the broader support of the EPDP team.

Kind regards,

Ayden Férdeline