[council] Fwd: [soac-chairs] SOAC Chairs Statement on status of SSR2 Review 2018-02-12

Heather Forrest haforrestesq at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 23:01:26 UTC 2018

Dear Council colleagues,

Following up on our SSR2-related discussions in Los Angeles, please find
below the final product (much delayed, but at last sent) communication from
SO/AC Chairs to the members of SSR2-RT.

The SO/AC Chairs have been working on a suite of 4 documents. This
communication to SSR2-RT is one. The other 3, and their status, is as
follows:

   - Letter to MSSI to request additional staff support to SSR2-RT based on
   RT members' requests (This was supposed to go out on 14 Feb - I am checking
   status now)
   - Letter to Board OEC/SSR2 Caucus Group to request support for external
   facilitator: sent 15 Feb 2018 (I will forward to the list shortly)
   - Appointment process for new RT members (in progress)

Of these efforts, the only one that raises concerns in my mind is the
appointment process for new RT members; this is still in early stages of
discussion so I'll continue to follow up.

Best wishes,

Heather