[council] Please read: GNSO Council Strategic Planning Session

Heather Forrest haforrestesq at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 00:04:26 UTC 2018

Colleagues,

Please indulge me as I turn on law professor mode here.

The leadership team is fully convinced that in order to reach the desired
outcomes of our 3 days together next week, advanced reading/preparation is
essential. We three commit to full preparation to lead by example, and we
hope that this inspires you to do the same. The ultimate goal is to reach a
common understanding of what our governance documents say and what
expectations they have of us as individuals and a group - incomplete
recollections from having read the documents a long time ago, or having
read only parts of documents and not the whole, or assumptions about what
the documents say based on what you've heard are not going to get us there.
So, long time ICANNers and newbies alike, let's seize the opportunity to
become experts in our own procedures; I'm confident this will pay dividends
down the road in allowing us to focus on the substance of issues without
getting bogged down in procedural questions.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days, best wishes for safe
travels and speedy jet lag recovery,

Heather