[council] Additional budget requests

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Wed Jan 24 08:02:30 UTC 2018

Marika

Thanks for sharing these with us.

Personally I think all 3 make a lot of sense and support core activities.

  *   GNSO Council strategic session – while we haven’t had the first of these yet it makes a lot of sense that we take a few days to do advance planning without the distractions we commonly encounter within the normal meeting cycle
  *   PDP leadership support – this makes a lot of sense. The people who are putting in the time and energy to drive policy development often do so with little or no support and this has a chilling effect. Being able to provide travel support could help a lot.
  *   PDP / WG signup automation – seems logical and self-explanatory to me. Our budget request might be rejected if ICANN has it already on their budget and plan, but requesting it could help ensure that it actually gets done in a timely fashion, unlike some other internal projects that seem to take forever without any tangible progress
Regards

Michele

     *   --
Mr Michele Neylon