[council] Action Items: GNSO Council meeting 27 June 2018

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Wed Jul 4 21:08:52 UTC 2018

Dear Councilors,

Please find the action items, as stated during the meeting, below arising from the GNSO Council meeting held on Wednesday 27 June 2018. Please take note of the action items coming out of the Council sessions and the proposed timing for delivering on these actions.

Please ensure your wiki logins are up to date as all Action Items have been assigned to councilors and/or staff and posted on the Action Item wiki page here[community.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_RgZlAg&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=3-hGIGNPG_MVccHXahT9lk8qFDbuDuo_wwbRzKZZQGg&s=do3fZzjIln0Jwcx8qKogeUnOo6PFhu4TNs9Q0S7YzIs&e=>. If you are logged into the wiki when you go to that page, your name will be highlighted alongside the action item assigned to you. Please refer to this page for the recent status updates on the Action items.


Item 2. Opening Remarks / Review of Projects & Action Items List
Action Items:

  *   ICANN staff to adjust the existing action item on the ICANN Procedure of Handling Whois conflicts with Privacy topic to reflect that the call for volunteers should occur subsequent to the initiation and chartering process for the EPDP on the Temporary Specification. To be discussed at August 2018 Council meeting.
  *   ICANN staff to adjust the existing action on the Temporary Specification topic to note link between the development of a post mortem on the RDS PDP and the closure of that PDP. Request that post mortem is completed by end of July so that it can be shared with the Council in conjunction with the reminder on PDP3.0

Item 4: COUNCIL UPDATE – SSAC to Brief the GNSO on Use of Emoji in Domain Names
Action Items:

  *   ICANN staff to circulate slides used during presentation to the Subsequent Procedures PDP WG co-chairs
  *   Small group of councilors [Philippe, Michele, Martin Tatiana] to prepare response to the ICANN Board regarding their resolution on emoji for Council consideration.
  *   ICANN staff to provide small group of councilors with original Board resolution that included the request.

Item 5: COUNCIL VOTE – IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Protection Mechanisms
Action items:

  *   ICANN staff to inform the IGO-INGO CRP PDP WG that the GNSO Council resolved that the Working Group, in line with the Council’s priority to ensure responsible allocation of resources and timely management of the PDP, the Final Report be submitted in time to meet the July 2018 GNSO Council meeting document deadline.
Item 6: COUNCIL VOTE – Approval of Changes Made to the Customer Standing Committee (CSC) Charter
 Action items:

  *   ICANN staff to inform the ccNSO that the GNSO Council approved the changes made to the CSC Charter as a result of the Charter Review Process.
  *   Council leadership to work on a joint communication with the ccNSO Council to inform the CSC that the Amended Charter has been ratified and should now be put into place.
  *   As per the Final Report, ccNSO and GNSO Councils to conduct an analysis of the requirements of the IANA Naming Function Review and the CSC Effectiveness Review with a view to creating synergies and avoiding overlap
Item 8: COUNCIL VOTE – Initiation of Expedited Policy Development Process on the ICANN Board Temporary Specification
Action Items:

  *   ICANN staff to send Doodle poll around to Council to schedule drafting team meeting for mid/end of week of 2 July. The drafting team should work together before that meeting and have a version to review at that scheduled meeting
  *   Subsequent to the meeting referenced above taking place, drafting team to make decision on the possibility to initiate email vote.
  *   ICANN staff and Council leadership to work with ICANN Communication team to get out message of excellent progress on EPDP charter drafting.


9.1 – GNSO Chair election timeline

Action Items:

  *   ICANN staff to pass on GNSO Chair election timeline to SG/Cs

Thank you,

Kind regards,


Nathalie Peregrine
Manager, Operations Support (GNSO)
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: nathalie.peregrine at icann.org <nathalie.peregrine at icann.org%20>
Skype: nathalie.peregrine.icann

Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<applewebdata://EB3A6F47-9760-400D-A39B-A7EFFC56B467/learn.icann.org/courses/gnso> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_sites_gnso.icann.org_files_gnso_presentations_policy-2Defforts.htm-23newcomers&d=DgMFAg&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=-d9m4sr16OXloyLjz4TF6npbe51hgE0EHtoX1U6WUOA&s=Bw2Uzbh2Pu1X0lObLtbwtN5ZNEP3ECdPAfcqzVvIOYE&e=>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20180704/52d84c17/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the council mailing list