[council] [Council] Board Request regarding Emojis

Steve Chan steve.chan at icann.org
Wed Jul 18 20:28:06 UTC 2018

Dear Councilors,

On behalf of the small team of Councilors (Martin, Michele, Philippe, and Tatiana) that worked on the ICANN Board request regarding emoji in domain names, please find the proposed response from the GNSO Council to the Board. The small team invites comments and suggested edits by 23:59 UTC on Monday, 23 July 2018.

As a reminder, the emoji in domain names issues stems from SAC095 (https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/sac-095-en.pdf), the subject of the ICANN Board resolution directed at the GNSO here: https://www.icann.org/resources/board-material/resolutions-2017-11-02-en#1.e. The June 2018 update to Council, delivered on behalf of the SSAC by Patrik Fältström, was helpful in allowing the small team to reach the conclusions in the attached letter and to propose to the ICANN Board that the GNSO Council has fully addressed the Board’s requests.

If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to let me and any of the small team members know.

Best,

Steve

Steven Chan

Policy Director, GNSO Support

ICANN

12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300

Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536

Mobile: +1.310.339.4410

Office Telephone: +1.310.301.5800

Office Fax: +1.310.823.8649

Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages.

Follow @GNSO on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ICANN_GNSO

Follow the GNSO on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/icanngnso/

http://gnso.icann.org/en/