[council] Action Items: GNSO Council meeting 19 July 2018

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Wed Jul 25 22:15:06 UTC 2018

Dear Councilors,

Please find the action items, as stated during the meeting, below arising from the GNSO Council meeting held on Thursday 19 July 2018. Please take note of the action items coming out of the Council sessions and the proposed timing for delivering on these actions.

Please ensure your wiki logins are up to date as all Action Items have been assigned to councilors and/or staff and posted on the Action Item wiki page here[community.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_RgZlAg&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=3-hGIGNPG_MVccHXahT9lk8qFDbuDuo_wwbRzKZZQGg&s=do3fZzjIln0Jwcx8qKogeUnOo6PFhu4TNs9Q0S7YzIs&e=>. If you are logged into the wiki when you go to that page, your name will be highlighted alongside the action item assigned to you. Please refer to this page for the recent status updates on the Action items.

Item 2. Opening Remarks / Review of Projects & Action Items List
Action Items:

  *   Council leadership to consider and propose options for closure of the PDP on gTLD Registration Data Services. Include item on August Council meeting agenda.

Item 4: COUNCIL VOTE – IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Protection Mechanisms

Voting Results:

  *   Motion passed unanimously by voice vote.

Action items:

  *   Councilors to review Final Report, especially in the broader context of the appropriate overall scope of protection for all IGO identifiers, in preparation for consideration as early as the August Council meeting.
  *   ICANN staff to inform the ICANN Board and the GAC that the IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Mechanisms PDP Working Group has completed its work and forward a copy of the Final Report to them.
Item 5: COUNCIL VOTE – Initiation of Expedited Policy Development Process on the ICANN Board Temporary Specification on gTLD Registration Data
Voting Results:

  *   Motion passed by supermajority with three abstentions (Ayden Férdeline, Tatiana Tropina, and Stephanie Perrin)

Action items:

  *   ICANN staff to communicate the results of this motion to the GNSO SG/Cs as well as ICANN SO/ACs and to make arrangements for the EPDP Team to commence its deliberations as soon as feasible.
Item 6: COUNCIL DISCUSSION – Short- and Long-Term Options to Adjust the Timeline for Specific Reviews and Organizational Reviews

Action Items:

  *   Donna Austin and Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez to prepare draft response(s) and share with the Council the week of 23 July 2018.

Item 7: COUNCIL DISCUSSION – Consideration of CCWG-Accountability WS2 Final Report

Action Items:

  *   Councilors and their respective SG/Cs to consider Final Report in preparation for future vote at Council.

Item 8: COUNCIL DISCUSSION – GNSO Policy Development Process 3.0
Action Items:

  *   Council Leadership to develop proposed plan and timeline to progress project in preparation for a public consultation at ICANN63.

Item 9: COUNCIL DISCUSSION - Instruct the Standing Selection Committee to reconfirm the GNSO appointments on the Third Accountability and Transparency Review Team (ATRT3)
Action Items:

  *   Standing Selection Committee to check with selected candidates and determine if they are still interested in serving on the ATRT3.
  *   ICANN staff to ask MSSI what the expected timeline to begin work is, once the short/long-term review public comment periods conclude. Inquire as well if they are intending to run an additional call for volunteers.
  *   Council Leadership to ask other SO/ACs if they have a need for an additional call for volunteers.


10.2 - Update on proposed updates to the Consensus Policy Implementation Framework and Post-Implementation Consensus Policy Review Framework

Action Items:

  *   ICANN staff to provide Consensus Policy Implementation Framework (CPIF) updates and related slides to the Council list.

  *   Council to determine by 31 July 2018 whether the proposed updates are acceptable or determine if something further is needed (e.g., webinar).

Thank you,

Kind regards,


Nathalie Peregrine
Manager, Operations Support (GNSO)
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: nathalie.peregrine at icann.org <nathalie.peregrine at icann.org%20>
Skype: nathalie.peregrine.icann

Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<applewebdata://EB3A6F47-9760-400D-A39B-A7EFFC56B467/learn.icann.org/courses/gnso> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_sites_gnso.icann.org_files_gnso_presentations_policy-2Defforts.htm-23newcomers&d=DgMFAg&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=-d9m4sr16OXloyLjz4TF6npbe51hgE0EHtoX1U6WUOA&s=Bw2Uzbh2Pu1X0lObLtbwtN5ZNEP3ECdPAfcqzVvIOYE&e=>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20180725/3ba1f5e5/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the council mailing list