[council] Status Update: Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Implementation Review Team

Darcy Southwell darcy.southwell at endurance.com
Wed Jun 20 14:23:09 UTC 2018

The IRT has met just a handful of times in recent weeks, and the timeline has been dependent on when ICANN would provide final documents for IRT review/comment, so the timeline has not been discussed.  It was just yesterday that ICANN provided the updated timeline for publication that I provided below.  The IRT is scheduled to meet next on July 3, and I suspect this topic will be discussed.  By then, the IRT should have ICANN Legal’s final comments and know whether its comments are minor or significant.

Regarding the disagreement in the 24-hour response time, staff’s plan is to publish the accreditation agreement for public comment indicating the two options and requesting community feedback.

I hope that’s helpful.

Thanks,

Darcy