[council] Fwd: Action Items: GNSO Council meeting 26 April 2018

Heather Forrest haforrestesq at gmail.com
Thu May 3 01:02:02 UTC 2018

Dear Council colleagues,

Following up on an Action Item from our April Council meeting (last week) I
note the update below from Board Chairman Cherine Chalaby re Board thinking
on the GDPR/RDS intersection.

I know that not all agreed in our April meeting with the idea of a small
team, but we need to decide fairly swiftly on an effective way forward in
terms of preparations. Marika has circulated helpful information about
Expedited PDPs on the Council list; Donna, Rafik and I have been discussing
possible next steps and have contemplated a webinar to further elucidate
that documented EPDP information, but taking that idea any further needs
input from Councillors. The update below from Cherine is helpful but of
course there remains uncertainty in the space. We have numerous things
happening in May - the Board's workshop, GDD summit, and our own Council
meeting at the end of the month - not to mention May 25th.

All thoughts on how to efficiently and effectively move forward are
encouraged!

Best wishes,

Heather